Gospel Light Minute – Lacey Chabert (#274)
She is an American actress, a voice actress, and singer who first came to prominence playing the part of Young Cosette in the Broadway production of Les Misérables. One of her first on-screen roles was playing Erica Kane’s daughter on All My Children (1992-1993). She then gained wider recognition as a child actress on television for her role as Claudia Salinger in the television drama Party of Five (1994–2000). She provided the voice of Eliza Thornberry in the animated series The Wild Thornberrys (1998–2004) and two feature films. In film, she appeared in Lost in Space in 1998, Not Another Teen Movie in 2001, and Daddy Day Care in 2003. She had a leading role alongside Amanda Seyfried and Lindsey Lohan as Gretchen Wieners in 2004’s Mean Girls, and a leading role as Meg Cummings in 2005’s Dirty Deeds and as Dana Mathis in the 2006 horror remake Black Christmas. To date, she has also appeared in 18 Hallmark Channel movies and four Hallmark Movies & Mysteries movies.
Throughout her career, she has shown that what is most important to her is not a successful acting career, but her Christian faith. In an interview to promote one of her films, she declared, “Yes, I am a Christian. Jesus is the center of my life and I give God the glory for everything, for all my success.” As Ralph Burden of Real Life Stories points out, a lot of young actors, both men and women, have considerable personal struggles as they become successful in the entertainment industry, however critics have not been slow to notice the absence of scandal surrounding the life of this young actress. When she was asked about this aspect of movie industry life, she credited her “strong family life and strong faith in God” with keeping her safe in an industry where young actors are constantly faced with a quagmire of temptation.
Her name is Lacey Chabert.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Lacey Chabert trusts in Jesus Christ for salvation, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!