She is the first African American woman to be recruited and to receive a scholarship for the gymnastics team at UCLA. At UCLA, she was a six-time All American and a four-time national champion. In 2000, she was inducted into the UCLA Hall of Fame. She competed with the U.S. National Team from 1984 to 1986 and together, they won the South African cup. She, along with her husband, served as chaplains to the Miami Dolphins and their wives.
As a child, she grew up on the rough side of Richmond, VA with a loving mother and a drug-dealing father. Throughout her teenager years, she struggled to gain acceptance and approval from her father who was in and out of her life. It wasn’t until she got to college at UCLA when her life began to change. The man who would become her husband, shared the Gospel with her during her sophomore year and she asked Jesus Christ into her heart.
She said of that time in her life and her faith in God, “I met someone who explained to me that there indeed is so much more to life than I had been experiencing. He shared with me that God loves me, has a plan for my life, and that I can have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. That’s what I had been missing. That’s what I had been searching for. I asked Jesus to enter my life and make me the person He wanted me to be. Since then, my life and attitude have changed. No longer do I look to the opinions of others, or my own accomplishments, to give me value. Now I look to the unconditional love of God, knowing that He created me as a unique individual with a very special purpose. The change didn’t take place over night. But the more I experience the love of God, the more I realize how much worth and value I have. My search for a sense of worth and value is over. I found it in the unconditional love of God. And His love will never leave me nor change.”
Her name is Kim Hamilton Anthony.
This is the “Chief of Sinners,” Daniel Whyte III, president of Gospel Light Society International, reminding you of what the Bible says, that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners” like you and me. Just as Kim Hamilton Anthony gave her life to Christ, may I encourage you to do the same. Here is how:
1. Accept the fact that you are a sinner, and that you have broken God’s law. The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 7:20: “For there is not a just man upon earth that doeth good, and sinneth not.” Romans 3:23 reads: “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” In fact, I am the chief of sinners, so don’t think that you’re alone.
2. Accept the fact that there is a penalty for sin. The Bible states in Romans 6:23: “For the wages of sin is death…”
3. Accept the fact that you are on the road to hell. Jesus Christ said in Matthew 10:28: “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” The Bible says in Revelation 21:8: “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.”
4. Accept the fact that you cannot do anything to save yourself! The Bible states in Ephesians 2: 8, 9: “For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
5. Accept the fact that God loves you more than you love yourself, and that He wants to save you from hell. Jesus Christ said in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
6. With these facts in mind, please repent of your sins, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and pray and ask Him to come into your heart and save you this very moment. The Bible states in the book of Romans 10:9, 13: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Dear friend, if you are willing to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation, please pray with me this simple prayer: Heavenly Father, I realize that I am a sinner and that I have done some bad things in my life. For Jesus Christ sake, please forgive me of my sins. I now believe with all of my heart that Jesus Christ died for me, was buried, and rose again. Lord Jesus, please come into my heart and save my soul and change my life today. Amen.
If you believed in your heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross, was buried, and rose again, allow me to say, congratulations on doing the most important thing in life and that is accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour! For more information to help you grow in your newfound faith in Christ, go to Gospel Light Society.com and read “What To Do After You Enter Through the Door”. Jesus Christ said in John 10:9, “I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.”
Remember, friend, Believe by faith. Share the faith. and Keep the faith!